View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #14
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I just discovered that the Corfu trilogy has been made into a TV series (originally on ITV). The first season is available on Amazon Prime video in the US, and season 2 airs on PBS Masterpiece starting in mid-Oct. I watched two episodes this weekend. Brilliant! Great acting and gorgeous scenery. I'm a little slow; I didn't realize Gerald Durrell was Lawrence Durrell's younger brother.
I'm glad you are enjoying it, Bookworm_Girl! I haven't seen the series. There have been two prior adaptations before the ITV series and I first learned about the books through the 1980's BBC series of My Family and Other Animals, and then there's also a BBC film adaptation with the same name from the mid-2000's.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote