View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #25
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch

Yeah, the truth is out there and it isn't at all what you have claimed.

Hey, what would I know, after all I do live in Soviet Canukistan.

OK. I've now had a chance to actually read the article and not just skim it.
About three years later Amazon did set up Amazon.ca. I doubt that anything had changed in those three years. Whether or not the distribution system is unfair or protectionist, I'm not going to argue.

You stated in post #16, "When Amazon set up shop in Canada they had to buy the books from Chapters because they weren't allowed to ship from the US." This leads one to think that Amazon was forced to buy solely from Chapters, which is untrue. I'm not going to speculate as to why the distributors couldn't fill Amazon's orders.

I maintain that my access to books in Canada equals yours or anyone's. No one stops my orders from Amazon.com at the border. If a publisher has the rights to sell a book in Canada, I can by it here. My challenge to you is this; wander across the border, stay a while and see how easy it is to buy book.

Last edited by llcj; 07-09-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added last three paragraphs;punctuation
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote