View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
Thanks, all. I suspected there was no one-stroke fix. I just thought it was perhaps my ignorance, and hoped there might be.
The way that I do it (although this is prone to mistakes), is running the EPUB through the Calibre plugin: Modify EPUB. I uncheck everything besides the "smarten punctuation" checkbox.

I assume Calibre's new "Polish Books" can do the same thing (although I have not tested the "smarten punctuation" using Polish Books).

From there, I use this Regex to catch SOME of the potential curly quote mistakes:

Search:

Code:
(“[^”\r\n]*)</p>\s+<p>
Replace (a space is after the 1):

Code:
\1
From there, you must just do VERY CLOSE analysis of the curly quotes to catch any further errors. Also making sure to check the "apostrophes" (right single quote) closely.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote