View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #609
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It'll be chilly here tonight.

We replaced all the windows and exterior doors a few years ago. goodbye contractor grade with aluminum frames, hello fiberglass (no maintenance plus best insulation abilities). had to argue with installer to get them completely foamed in (not common in "the south", but hey, it CAN get to -24F .. yes, that's negative, not above zero). It's probably 30 or so at night, now, but if sunny can warm up during the day, if we catch a warm gust from the gulf.

Ours turns on aux heat as needed, but it's not often needed. Between new windows/doors and extra insulation I added (including reflective layer for summer), we stay pretty warm. It helps that it is also a relatively new and large Trane 2-zone system, which I put in when running a software company here (maybe 10 years ago? no, more than that, now, I guess). Our old system was about like yours and was on aux heat all the time. We could easily hit $500/month then and stay at $150 now all year. More money to waste on books ... and tablets ....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote