View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #29
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
What are the issues preventing a count of presented text only
That would require the entire document to be uncompressed. This takes time and processing power. I'm sure this is why Adobe is using the compressed size. It's easily accessible.

MOBI has a field that stores the uncompressed size in it's header. It's easy and quick to accesss.

What I think I'm going to do is count the number of characters in an average paperback page. Then I'll tweak the 1024 number to match the count minus the average markup per page.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote