View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #44
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I was wondering when this would happen. eInk announced a prototype 12 bit color eInk screen back in December 2006, with volume production to begin in 2007. It never appeared, which led me to believe that either eInk had problems moving from prototype to mass production, costs were higher than OEMs wanted to pay, or results didn't meet expectations.
Yeah, EInk has been talking about color for at least 4 years now, if not longer. Considering this is an article announcing the date of an announcement at a tech show... I'm still wondering if it will happen. We've seen companies play this game before.

Does this really mean that color eInk is ready for mass production and there will soon be products available... still too early to tell.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote