View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open source LRF viewer

libprs500 0.4.1 has an open source cross-platform LRF viewer that supports hyphenation (for english) and uses real fonts instead of the SONY's limited three. Use it from the command line (for the moment) by
Code:
lrfviewer mybook.lrf
Note that this is an initial implementation and so its bound to be buggy. I've only tested it with LRF files generated by recent versions of libprs500. Also the current implementation is slow/memory intensive, so I doubt its suitable for use on handhelds. I will work on speeding it up when I get the time.

It doesn't support the DrawChar tag as yet (Used to make drop-caps) and the search functionality is not implemented.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lv1.png
Views:	2666
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	5738   Click image for larger version

Name:	lv2.png
Views:	2266
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	5739   Click image for larger version

Name:	lv3.png
Views:	2142