View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Bought it.

This was pulled from Diesel Books - only a few months ago - where it was MUCH higher in price.

Sony is the only place, as mentioned, that carries this title.

Thomas Pynchon is an important American writer. Doctoral dissertations are written on him. He is studied, revered, reviled, argued over, debated.

This title is supposed to be much more accessible to the general public than most of his other works. It's a tribute to noir in books and films.

I'm going to start reading this as soon as I finish my current book. Everything else is going to be shelved out the back door, so to speak, and dumped into the "bin of lesser fiction" - so to speak.

"No man waits for Pynchon." [Well, maybe a woman; but then again, maybe not.]

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-12-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote