View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #68
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideog View Post
So what methods of trying to persuade the publishers to change their methods would you propose then?

I think it was you that mentioned the likes of blogs and twitter in a previous post, using the Amazon ratings is really just another variation of that same theme.

Emailing the publishers will most likely just end up in their spam box.

Writing a letter to them is possibly more likely to be noticed than emails, but that is a whole other level of effort and very few people would bother.

Any other suggestions?
No, this is an excellent way of getting them to sit up and take notice. The other methods mentioned will not matter an iota to Amazon because they dont directly affect their business.

If Amazon dont like it then they can remove all of the one star reviews, which relate to the delayed release of an eBook. At least in doing so they will have heard their customers. I know this is a publisher issue but I'd rather have Amazon fight that battle than us as consumers.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote