View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #15
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
It bears repeating on this forum: more people (48%) view ebooks on a PC or laptop than any other kind of device.
But *how many* ebooks?

Half of ebook readers being on laptops is meaningless, as a marketing datum, without knowing how many they're reading, how many they're buying.

If that half is reading 1-4 ebooks/year, and the people with dedicated ebook readers are reading 10-50 ebooks/year. How many of those PC/laptop readers are only reading free ebooks?

I think of myself as "almost only reading free ebooks." I don't think I've bought more than a dozen ebooks in the last year--a small handful from Baen, and another cluster from Fictionwise, some of which are short stories. But in my office of 40+ people, I believe I'm the only one who's bought *any* ebooks--although I know a couple of them have downloaded & read publishers' freebies, and one is taking classes online that involve downloading & reading PDF textbooks (which are heavily DRM'd; he has to put his name & password in to unlock the view; they can't be 'ported to a mobile device.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote