View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddOhio View Post
I don't keep hundreds of books on my swell new Kindle Paperwhite at one time, so I enjoy the "Cover View" mode, even though its only in black and white, and does not look as nice as an iPad television ad. However, all of my "Collections" look the same, save for the Title Text.
Has anyone looked at creating a set of alternative designs for us to use so that not all collections look so similar?
My searching to date has not revealed any creative efforts toward this admirable goal, which remains completely overlooked by Amazon.
You could probably replace the "background" icon for collections - they would all have a different icon (different from "now"), but they'd still all have the same new icon with the collection name "on top". No, don't ask me where these icons are, go find them yourself

... If you really want to have distinct, user-defined icons for every collection, you're in for some MAJOR effort. It's not impossible - almost nothing is - , but it's going to be a LOT of work. Poke around in the obfuscated classes, find the place where the collections background image is loaded, and then produce a binary patch which replaces the logic, so that it loads some different image (possibly depending on the collection name, or some configuration file, etc.). A horrible amount of effort, for a minimal gain. (Of course, that's my personal opinion - feel free to do it if it's really important to you )
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote