View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #53
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backi View Post
I wonder, whether PocketBook hesitates to bring out a better (in terms of CPU, display, ...) 9.7" device, because they are working on a reader with a color display?
It would explain, why they have no interest in the E-ink Pearl display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Pocketbook is planning to present this year a new ereader with Triton but there is still no prototype.
I guessed that too. I found a blog entry (section "Special features") from a Frankfurt Book Fair 2011 visitor, where it says, that PocketBook plans to bring out a color ereader this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
For active people waiting is no option. And 9,7" devices are mostly buyed by active people, who is not only reading but also working with their e-documents.

It is better to be active and at least to share some ideas (like the people in posts above), what could be done to improve the world, than wait till someone else it does, I think..
Somewhere you are right. I can't wait, but I also don't want to be a beta tester, especially for Onyx. I guess they have no quality assurance/regression testing, because instead of fixing old bugs they produce(d) new ones.

Considering the software part, I think PocketBook is further. I don't really want to know, how outdated the M92 would become, when Onyx gets to the point, where PocketBook is now with its 9xx models considering PocketBook's firmware. Onyx has a device with very good hardware, but can't really exploit its full potential with their firmware. Book managing (organizing, favorits, ...) is rudimentary on the M92, translating and menu navigation are cumbersome, all M92 can do at the best so far is displaying pages.
A new, faster (not necessarily color) ereader from PocketBook will overtop Onyx.

Last edited by Backi; 01-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote