Thread: DR800 experience
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
the year end and I'm very curious about experience with the DR800.

we are very happy with the device. the only thing what is irritating is the battery. our reader is empty with a couple of day's. battery should live for 7000 turns, but it is impossible to come further then 100. we read per day one hour and after 4 to 5 day;s we hang it on power. we switch the screen every time off. i was reading an other website that we are not the only one with these problems.

i'd like to hear from other user what there experience is.
Measuring battery life in page turns is always a bit bogus anyway, however, you should be getting more than a couple days. When I first got mine I did a couple test runs of reading for a couple hours per day, and it lasted about two weeks before I needed to recharge. That was without 3G and minimal stylus usage (both of which will drain the battery faster).

There was a known bug that certain conditions or certain types of document formats would cause an issue that prevented the device from going into suspend/sleep (whatever you want to call it) mode correctly and could lead to excessive battery drain. I believe some of it was fixed in later versions, but I don't think it was ever 100% resolved.

What firmware version are you currently running, and what type of document do you primarily read (PDF... etc).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote