View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
How is this avoided when reading a hardcover or paperback?

Geeze ... Now we're demanding that the eReaders OUT-perform paper equivalents (grin).
I most certainly demand that of an ebook reader. Why shouldn't technology improve the experience where it can? I can't do a text search in my paper books, or instantly look up a word in the dictionary. My paper books don't remember where I stopped reading, either. If an ebook reader didn't do these things, I likely wouldn't buy it.

Adding a control to disable the progress bar should be quite easy and it would make for an interesting new experience. I don't know if there would be a lot of call for it since I think most people are just so used to knowing where they are in a book, but if I had that feature I'd certainly try it just to see what it was like. Sadly I doubt it would ever be high on the list of features to be implemented since it doesn't have huge potential as a differentiator even if it wouldn't be a big deal to code.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote