Thread: Nook Study
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:28 AM   #19
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan2 View Post
That last suggestion does show any files on my phone.
That's not much to go on, but there are a few possibilities.
  1. I assume you're talking about the SD Card. If you're not, you need a rooted phone to see /data/data/*.
  2. Changing the "store to SD Card" setting doesn't move any books that have already been downloaded. Try downloading another book. The cloud graphic on th upper left of the book thumbnail should change to "SD Card". If it says that, then it's somewhere on your device that you can access without root.
  3. Starting with KitKat, Android has become somewhat confused about what exactly "SD Card" means. The directory naming scheme has never been rigidly enforced and there's now the concept of an "emulated" SD Card in the device's main storage. In /storage, you'll likely see a number of subdirectories, possibly including (but not limited to) "sdcard", "sd_card", "sdcard0", "sdcard1" and "emulated". Anything there could be the "SD Card". To make things even more unhelpful, the NOOK app adds the same Android/data/bn.ereader directory structure to each one even if it doesn't use it, so there will be several directories that look right, but don't contain any files. Unfortunately, you have to check them all. Fortunately there shouldn't be more than a handful.
  4. MTP (the protocol used by Windows Explorer) isn't very good about refreshing its cache. If you're browsing files using a desktop window, try rebooting your phone and reconnecting to see if the files appear. I've also had MTP go into the weeds enough that I had to reboot my computer to be able to see some files and that's one reason that I almost always use ADB commands to access my devices.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote