View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #48
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I actually wanted to nominate Pentimento by Lillian Hellman. The book itself features layers of telling; and was later the subject of controversy, when Hellman was accused of stealing Julia’s story from someone else. But it won’t be available in ebook for kindles until September. I ran into accessibility issues with other ideas as well.

The theme led me to thinking about professional “tellers” and how for journalists in particular, telling can be very risky. We’ve recently had a Canadian journalist killed, and of course the murder of the US journalist. So I nominated All The President’s Men in tribute to the bravery of journalists, but it felt a bit corny to say that out loud.

As I’m new to this, I wasn’t sure how themes would work. But I found it thought provoking, a bit challenging and quite enjoyable. And reading everyone else’s take on the theme is interesting, surprising & “why didn’t think of that?” fun.

Last edited by Victoria; 03-05-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote