View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #36
jeffery
Enthusiast
jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeGhoti View Post
It cannot handle a 128GB SD card
I use this tool for my kobo memory card. To format its 64GB cards into fat32. The card worked just fine in a Kobo Aura HD supposedly limited to 32GB. Windows normally won't allow you to format past 32GB because it's not as efficient and Microsoft (who owns the patents to Fat32) decided they know best. But with 2k cluster size which is great for books you can format up to 8TB. This tool will go all the way up to 256TB for SDXC card.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...?guiformat.htm

BTW, The only difference between SDHC and SDXC is the file system on the card. When a device says it is SDHC compatible, it is saying it needs a FAT32 formatted sd card. SDXC uses exFAT, that is the only difference. Other than that, if you reformat an SDXC card into FAT32, it will be compatible. *This assumes the device maker did not hard code a 32GB limit, which would be a silly waste of labor.

Hope this works for you. if it doesn't just reformat in exfat and the card will be back to factory spec.
Best of luck.

P.S. You may find this interesting. at one point. the main memory card of my kobo had a 64gb card as well. I had a total of 128GB eReader
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7S...dJTjlMMG8/view

Last edited by jeffery; 07-11-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added P.S. and a little carity.
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote