View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #15
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sorry in advance for being such a stickler for detail, but I need you to confirm that you are indeed launching the Flightcrew plugin via the main menu (Plugins-->Validation->Flightcrew) and no other method: no keyboard shortcut, no plugin button on the menu. Only the manual menu method for the purposes of debugging this issue, please.
No apology necessary--you're helping me! Well, I was running the quick-launch button (assigned to the first button), but I also ran it from the menu, with the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If that's what you're doing and it's indeed ignoring errors that you think it should be catching, then I need you to attach a small, sample epub that contains the error you believe your Flightcrew plugin is overlooking.
Ohboy. Now you've opened a whole gooshy can of worms. Because the epubs I am working on are copyrighted, I pulled a different one up that I knew would give an error because it contained an MP3 file--which, of course, neither FlightCrew nor EpubCheck particularly care for. Blithely run FlightCrew--and it errs out as it should.

Okay, so take my current project, plug in an MP3 file, run FlightCrew--and no errors found. So it's (apparently) something in this group of EPUBs (there are 30 or 31 in the series.) Later, I'll call up some of my other projects and verify FlightCrew's status on some of them. Sorry, but I need to get ready for work now.

But I'm sending you the (one of the) problem EPUB(s) via PM to avoid publicizing copyrighted material.

I'll really be interested to see what you find out! Thanks in advance!

edit: uh-oh. I don't see an attach file button in the PM screen. I'll investigate further, now that I've discovered that it's specific to these files. I'll let you know what I find out, though.

edit again: I just can't let this go. Just for giggles, I called up my problem epub on this machine (my laptop), and ran FlightCrew--and it gave me all the appropriate errors. So it's a problem with this group of epubs, on that machine. Ahhh! I love the smell of a challenge in the morning!

edit Friday morning: Okay, I give up. I was not able to duplicate FlightCrew operating properly on my black box today--and the environment should be the same, as the computer "slept" all night, was not turned off. So, here's just one of my epubs that test fine on the desktop, even though it has 1) an MP3 audio file; 2) two video files; and 3) several unused graphics files. As I said, it tests with "No Problems Found" on the desktop; but when I call it into Sigil here on my laptop, I get more warnings than Will Robinson ever got from Robbie.

So that tells me that the problem is with my installation and/or environment on the desktop, not a problem with either Sigil or the FlightCrew addon. As time permits, I'll keep investigating, and if I ever find the problem, I'll let you know.

My suspicion is that it's an ID-10T error. Those are situations that you have no control over.
Attached Files
File Type: epub How Dogs Drink_borkified.epub (13.38 MB, 380 views)

Last edited by JustinThought; 11-18-2016 at 12:21 PM.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote