View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Simulate Calibre recipe with browser?

I've got a recipe that works, but it pulls an image that is slightly different from the image I see when I go to the page the image came from. The log shows that the recipe is actually fetching the image I want, but Calibre doesn't get that image. It gets one similar, but different. When I use a browser to directly view the URL of the image that the recipe is fetching, I see the image I want, not the one that Calibre gets.

I've tried turning off cookies in the browser, clearing cookies, clearing the cache and fetching the image again, but I always get the image I want in the browser, and never get the image that Calibre's recipe gets. I've tried changing the useragent string, blocking the referrer, etc., but I can't seem to simulate Calibre with the browser closely enough that I get the same image that Calibre gets.

What am I missing? How does the site know that a Calibre recipe is grabbing the image? Comments? Thanks.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote