View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You can use Sigil without ever looking at the code behind the text. But since it's still only an early alpha, there will be many things that you won't be able to do without the code view. (e.g. drop caps).
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
OK. Then I should wait.
I like a total freedom in what I can do with text in ebook with many nice features like in BD.
As pdurrant said, it's still early.

The development plan goes something like this:

1. Bugs. Bugs always come first. The faster I can fix them, the better. Some complicated bugs that depend on heavy architectural changes usually have to wait.
2. Get the 0.2.0 redesign done. This will take time, but will fix some massive problems and provide a foundation for a lot of great features.
3. Get RTF import working. Should be fairly straightforward.
4. Get the next "major format" import working. Haven't yet decided what that will be. Probably mobi, but I'm interested in what others think. I'm looking for the ebook format with the broadest user base.
5. Start improving the WYSIWYG experience. This is what you are referring to.

This is purely a general framework of how I imagine things will develop. Many smaller improvements planned are not listed.

The reason why WYSIWYG improvements are not at the top is because you can still work with the Code View if you know HTML and CSS. Currently you cannot import RTF no matter what you do. So the things you can work around get lower priority.

Basically it's triage. There are a lot of important things to work on, but some are more critical than others.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote