View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain343 View Post
So I tried the restore thing under library maintenance and it took about 7 hours but I believe most of the books are back.

One thing worth noting, I don't have a NAS system, nothing shared over networks, cloud, or anything like that. I'm the only one that connects to it, on a single computer, and use content server to download books onto my tablet, kindle, and laptop.

The thing I did notice is that the majority of the books that went missing, were new ones that I had searched/downloaded onto my laptop using the content server. I noticed there was a "grant write access" button on the content server user accounts tab, and I'm going to uncheck that. i don't know what it does, or if it's related, but it's the only thing I can think of changing.

I just wish I knew what happened to cause this problem.
You probably just deposited them in the Library folder (a No-No).
Add books is how Calibre learns what it has.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote