View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That works until you run into stylesheets with multiple styles using the same name which I've run into this a couple of times. One example was an ebook where the copyright.css, main.css, title.css and endpaper.css used the same names for their basic paragraph styles but the styles were rather different. So depending on how you merged them, you ended up with some rather strange results.
This is why it's so difficult to write CSS fixer-upper plugins that cater to everyone. Risk vs. reward. Personally, I take the risk and auto-merge all stylesheets then deal with the fall-out on the rare occasions when it's necessary.

The only 100%-safe way I know to merge all stylesheets into one is to do a calibre conversion.

I just wish publishers of fiction put as much thought into styling the main story sensibly as they do the front- & backmatter.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote