View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #25
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Yeah, they are only talking about having made the electrodes and wires transparent (or at least not visible), but if they couldn't make the inking agent similarly transparent, it would make a really crummy addition to a car's windshield, for instance, which was one of their own examples. So I'm thinking they probably have "ink" that vanishes too.
As long as it has to go from transparent to opaque, the only sound way to do it (AFAIK) is polarization, and that means liquid crystals, i.e. ChLCD/BCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I could be wrong, now, but I don't think so. (That one's for my fellow Monk fans out there)
LOL... coincidentally, i've been watching Monk yesterday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Yes as to the the multiple instrument layers but the actual ways of composing are still there. And some riffs survived.
A lot of Zappa is in the unique and complicated syncopated rhythms (see, for example, Frank and Lucky Charms from The Ultra Zone) and he seems to have lost that along the way
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote