View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haelu View Post
Hi, I am trying to get arabic text on my Kobo Touch. After reading this thread, I tried inserting -
direction:rtl;unicode-bidi:embed; into the stylesheet for p. I also changed the filename to .kepub.epub, but it isn't working. the letters still appear left-right. I am new to sigil, but really want this to work. Can anyone help?
I've attached an ePub3 test file from Azardi which has a couple of right to left languages in it. I added the Arial Unicode MS font from my Windows computer to the Kobo's fonts directory to be able to display a couple of the languages -- locate the font file in the Windows fonts directory, copy it to a fonts directory in the root of the Kobo's internal drive and rename it to Arial Unicode MS.ttf, power cycle your Kobo and then select it as the document font). Don't forget to power cycle your Kobo after adding the font file.

You can take a look at the styles in this file to see how they made it work.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub UDHR.kepub.epub (3.10 MB, 200 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 05-10-2013 at 01:36 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote