View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Walmart doesn't have them on their website and the girl at the store said, "Wait, what? You mean a Kindle?"
That's all the more bizarre given Walmart's recent decision to stop carrying the Kindle (though how well Walmart communicates decisions down to front-line staff I don't know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Frustrating and I have even more empathy for people trying to get s new Kindle than I did before (and I already had a lot.)
The weird part is that people in Britain get to use their localised store for buying e-books, as do Australians, as do Germans, etc. In Canada, we have an Amazon.ca but we're not permitted to use it for buying e-books so we have to use Amazon.com. Logging into my Canadian Amazon account I am greeted with messages encouraging me to order Fires and Paperwhites, but when I try to I get messages like this:

"Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi cannot be shipped to the selected address. To purchase Kindles available to you, please visit the Kindle product page on Amazon.com (intl.)"

If you won't sell it to me, at least set your website up not to encourage me to do so! This isn't rocket appliances here, it's relatively easy to hide content you're unwilling to sell to people who have a Canadian address, isn't it?

Last edited by scrapking; 10-01-2012 at 02:32 PM.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote