View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I'm a little confused at how the publishers have profited from limiting Amazon.

I would also note that it's kind of amusing that the top blog post on Mike Shatzkin's site is praising agency pricing explicitly because it limits price competition and drives up prices.
We generally call this sacrificing long term viability for short term gain. Just as I have been bringing friends, family, and the young folks my sone hangs around to electronic books, I am also bringing them to indy and small publisher authors more in line with their budget. Even in the highly unlikely event that there still is a New York Times when they are grown these kids won't give a damn about its booklist.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote