View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
About the router, which model D-Link is it? I put in a D-Link DIR-615 when my son came to live here so he could use his netbook. It's not the cheapest, it has 2 antennas, but he still couldn't get a good signal in every part of the house. I had to make reflectors for the antennas and stick the router up above the basement ceiling. There's a steel beam and heating duct that runs the length of the house, which doesn't help. Had I known, I would have spent $80 on a router instead of $40. However, when I got the Vox, I had no problem getting the WiFi to work. All anyone visiting with a tablet or laptop needs to know is the network name and password and they have no trouble getting the WiFi.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote