View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #43
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Re the Christ story within the story, I'm not sure yet how it relates to the story as a whole, but I did read in one of my books that when he was writing this book Bulgakov was reading several historical christianity texts that approached Christ from a historical rather than religious perspective. That explains why many of the Biblical trappings are eliminated from his version.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote