View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
The best I can say is that I didn't hate it.

Unlike some recent selections that I had to force myself to get through, it at least held my interest most of the way, though I wanted a real plot, not just a bunch of strung-together episodes. I am not inspired to read more of Neil Gaiman.

I listened to the full-cast audiobook, which was acceptable, though the musical interludes were overdone, and the voicing of Sleer was WAY over the top.

And somebody tell me why, when the toddler was the primary target of the man Jack, he killed the other members of the family first--or at all? Wouldn't a good assassin go straight for the toddler? Of course, then there'd be no story, but, seriously, couldn't Gaiman come up with some rationale to explain this stupidity instead of just ignoring it?

Maybe I missed it, but why weren't the murders and the missing toddler splashed all over the news?

Jack Frost? Seriously?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote