View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:07 PM   #46
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikou View Post
My local Best Buy also had it in a very restricted demo mode, but with the light on. Unfortunately, what I really wanted to see was the contrast with the light off. Since I prefer having an indented screen, this might be a decent replacement if my Paperwhite 3 bites the dust.
I should correct myself. I don't think the light was on. If it was, it was set really low, much, much lower than the Oasis they had on display. If the light truly was off, the contrast was very good. It appeared to be brighter, with better contrast, than the Paperwhite 4 (whose screen was also either turned off or very low). The Oasis was turned up too high and also in demo mode, so I really don't know what its screen would have looked like at a "normal" setting. Best Buy used to let you try these out. The demo mode is poor way to display the device. Many times graphics look good on eInk screens but the fonts can be washed out — although I am encouraged by the actual picture that was displayed in this thread by Pjama.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-02-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Changed "one" to "on."
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote