View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #17
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Secondly--although admittedly this might be very hard to implement--could there be an option to force all pages to be the same size? Suppose, e.g., you're cropping a two column PDF. Unless you've got steady hands, probably the boxes you select won't be precisely the same, which might result in a slight zoom-level variation on devices that zoom each page to fit the device, which could be distracting. You could, e.g., force all pages into the size of the largest selection.

A less alternative to this might be to show the dimensions of each selection box while you were selecting the region, so you could manually ensure that they were the same.

But this is a great tool, and I'm happy to have it, even without these features.
I second that. It would be good to have some option to set the boxes on even and odd pages to be of the same size. Probably the box selection from the previous page can be shown with color lines, and when you reach them, the mouse could become sticky.

Another suggestion I would make is that probably zoom feature is introduced.

And if possible to make exception of some pages - e.g. some two-column articles have an abstract that spans the width of two columns and sometimes there are full-width tables in the text.

Also I think it would be good to have the possibility to resize a selection.

However this seems to be a very good tool, as it is fast and the option of having even/odd pages distinction is very useful. The above should be considered recommendations for further improvement, not criticism.

Last edited by slex; 05-13-2010 at 07:11 AM.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote