Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
We ended the category nomination/voting periods in 2012 with a "we will take a break and then decide". ....

As something to chew on in the mean time, I would like a poll with the current categories listed and have everyone vote on their three favorite categories and replace the bottom 2-4 with new selections. That should help us keep the ones we like and reduce the number of new categories we need to come up with. Sort of a compromise between full category selections and status quo.
I like this idea. The 2012 category nomination process was, IMHO, an ugly and painfully long event that I hope will not be repeated. It shouldn't take months to decide on a list of 12 categories.

I think interest in the club has decreased due to what some people have perceived as this club becoming Literary Club Lite. New categories would hopefully spark new interest.

Can this discussion be moved to its own thread so everybody will see it and can participate.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote