View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
xournal annotation success story

This post is just intended not to let this part of the forum die off completely. Here it goes.

I have to confess, I have been unfaithful. I have recently gotten hold of another e-reader and devoted a lot of attention to it. If it can be of any consolation, it also comes from a company that no longer exists, somehow I seem to be attracted by them ... the device has all the gimmicks I miss on the DR1000, all android stuff with market, wireless, gmail and so on, in another words lots of possibilities to fool around with.

And then I had some real work to do for a change ... read and annotate a 275 pages long pdf and then send the corrections out. The only efficient way I found to do this in the end was to use the DR1000, annotate in the system pdf viewer (while in parallel having the same document open in pdfviewer so that I could easily see the references), so I have been reading in the garden, the bath tub, the sofa, the bed ....then using import annotations only in xournal, converting them to pdf, ejecting periodically the sdcard (while keeping the device turned on), putting it in the slot of the laptop, send out the corrections to the collaborator ... really most efficient!

I have found no way to do this on my other more sophisticated device, so thanks again to Mackx for this possibility, it really turns the DR1000 into a serious workhorse that is still more than competitive

[what a shame that a company that can produce a device of such quality with so much potential has not been able to make it, imagine where we could be by now ...]
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote