View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #56
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I think it does. I am a Pride and Prejudice snob, and I hate the film adaptations that totally rewrite the character of Eliza Bennet...

I read the book About a Boy before I saw the movie and didn't like the movie as much as the book.

However I saw High Fidelity first and I am more critical of the book... So yeah, I think whichever I was exposed to first makes me critical of the other.
I agree, even if the book is a novelization of the movie. An example of this is "Star Trek II - The Wrath Of Khan." I read the movie novelization before seeing the movie itself, and as great as the movie is the novel was even better. The author added much detail to the story (such as an explanation for why Saavik had such a reaction to Peter Preston's death, and Saavik's backstory). Since then, I've avoided reading a movie novelization until I've seen the movie.

Another book to movie I'd like to mention is "Watchmen." I found the movie more enjoyable than the original graphic novel. The most of the changes made to the story for the movie were an improvement to me and worked more logically. Plus, the actors brought much to the characters.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote