View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
Hi rkomar,

thanks a lot for that attempt.

I do not get logged in though:

Code:
sftp -P 1124 reader@192.168.2.34
prompts me for a password for user reader (which i do not know).

I created a key pair before and copied the public key to the "authorized_keys2" file.

Besides that:

i think a normal ftp instead of sftp could be even more useful. Windows users could connect via ftp in explorer this way (like it was possible by "get_root").
Even better a Samba server on PBs side would be to Windows users.
Look in pb_sshd/sshd.log to see if the problem was logged. If not, you can edit sshd_start.app and change the "-q" option to sshd to "-d" to get even more debugging information. It looks like it isn't getting a match on the key. Maybe you can try the "-i" option with sftp to specify the exact location of the id_rsa (or whatever) private key file.

As far as the other stuff goes, I don't think you can run telnetd or ftpd as non-root user. The whole point of this was to provide something for a non-rooted device. I agree that the secure versions of ftp, telnet and rcp are much less common, but I don't see what else to do about it.
I haven't looked into running samba under a non-privileged account. I don't know if it is possible or not, but I'll have a look. I agree that it would be pretty useful.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote