View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I voted "No" because as I see it, Kindle is seeking to make e-books so accessible that the average Joe will never look anywhere else for books. The demographic Amazon has targeted isn't really technically inclined enough to go plumbing the depths of the darknet. That's not a dig at Kindle users, just an observation of Amazon's marketing strategy. I do realize that a lot of the Kindle owners around here are quite tech-savvy, but I think that Amazon has positioned Kindle to appeal mostly to less tech-savvy folks than we tend get hereabouts.

Because of that, I don't see e-book boot-leggers -- "book-leggers," if you will -- being very much affected by the Kindle. Sure they make mobi versions of their offerings, but if most of the folks using Kindles never even know they can go looking for them ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote