View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I would agree with your assessment that there isn't a definitive answer on 1 and 2. If you're not comfortable doing them I would recommend that you go with 4. Unfortunately your desire to not be tied to a DRM scheme that has no future would drive you to option 2. Since you still have a US mailing address and credit card though I think you're in much better position to stick with the Sony.

None of us can predict the future although we all like to pretend. The announced Borders/Sony store might give you additional future options and who knows Sony might start selling in your country within the next 4 months.

My personal opinion is that your option 2 is as likely to go away in the future as the Mobipocket format. To further complicate it I believe that options 2 & 3 would also be available for option 4.

Sorry I can't be more help other then to say I had the same decisions and went with the Cybook.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote