View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #24
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
I suspect we will be able to find a way to load market apps on it, even if its not supported. However, my goal isn't to have a 10-inch smartphone (and its apps), but to have a tablet device. As such, I suspect that specific apps for the tablet form factor will come, but that it will take time to build up a rich set of tablet apps.

And, frankly, no professional developers are going to pay a lot of attention until the market is large enough. Look at the app experience in Android. With a G1 as the only device, the apps came slowly. Add in the other HTC phones, plus Samsung and Motorola in the market and a few million more devices and we see a very rich app market.

Similarly, I expect the android tablet app market to explode once we have Android 3.0 plus tablets from Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Adam, plus more. However, I still expect it to take a year or so to reach maturity.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote