View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Lexicon
Enthusiast
Lexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
There are a few things you can try.

Firstly I think you may have the tags in the wrong order, I believe your example should be:

<p><i>blah</i></p>

Putting them in the wrong order may be confusing Sigil/tidy, although in my experience it seems pretty good at coping with such tagging errors. Secondly you could try to tag like this:

<p class="italic"><i>blah</i></p>

or:

<p class="italic"><em>blah</em></p>

Which should result in the text displaying as italic even if the reading app doesn't support CSS classes. It's a bit of a kludge but it might work.

Thirdly you could try moving the css statements out of the chapter files into an external CSS style sheet. It may be that Freda can only work with external style sheets.

To test this you need to copy the code between the style tags (should be at the top in the <head></head> section):

<style type="text/css">
p.sgc-1 { font-style: italic }
p.sgc-2 { color: green }
span.sgc-3 { font-weight: bold }
etc.
etc.
</style>

to a new file in the styles folder - just copy the sgc statements, not the enclosing tags. Rename the new file to MyStyles.css and then add the following statement to the head section of your original file(s):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/MyStyles.css" />

As ever make sure you have a backup of the unmodified file before making any changes.
Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote