View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
nnarth212
nnarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheesennarth212 can extract oil from cheese

Device: K3-- keyboard 600A
Question K3-- not detected

Team Kindle--
I've been studying and can't root this out. (this is not a bricked unit-- afaik... but im beginning to suspect).

Help cousin move and I find a kindle K3+wifi+3g in a waste bin --I charged it up and found out why-- the keyboard malfunctioned. (Aside, there was also a 2012 macbook pro in the waste bin i've also fully repaired; good haul.)

Open it up and after some jiggling with the keyboard ribbon it all came working again-- modest corrosion on the ribbon due to moisture. Keyboard works again, wifi works... so on.

So, I want to wipe the thing as I don't want her amazon account info, user name, books, all that (and I want to read PDF and ebook on this thing)-- i've got Kubrick booted, orange LED (I assume) depicting i'm in USB mode-- no go, never recognized.

I reload the K3-- windows doesn't see the Kindle either and I then recall it never did in all it's charging prior to attempting the unbrick.

So, this K3 seems to work fine, charges fine on a standard micro usb, yet can't be accessed (or recognized as a drive, partition, volume etc.) at all from a PC, Mac, Linux... and in reading more I'll share that I have tried a 2002 intel P4 running win8, 2004 Dell 600M winXP laptop, another old P4 with win7, and various ports on machines with more than 2. Macbook wouldn't boot Kubrick while the others would boot and not recognize the device.

Is this a 'corrupt' USB cable? micro usb slot? Suggestions or thoughts?

Great community here and I look forward to learning more in addition to reading something other than 50 Shades... on this K3.

Thanks,
CB

PS-- the water logged macbook i5 got a new screen $40, optical unit delete $0, new battery $44, and (just for speed) a new 750g 7200RPM SATA. I love owning tools. I even tried to give it back to the cuz-- cause i'm nice.

Last edited by nnarth212; 09-17-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Add'l info
nnarth212 is offline   Reply With Quote