View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Lightbulb

Something odd seemed to be happening with conversion. I have just started using some CSS to format the first paragraph of a chapter with no indent - previously I did this by manually changing the class for the first paragraph but using the selector :

Code:
h2+p {text-indent: 0;}
Works fine by changing the indent when the paragraph immediately follows a h2.

This renders correctly when viewing the EPUB but when I convert it to KEPUB the selector gets lost and doesn't appear in the KEPUBs CSS.

So I dug deeper and realised that when converted the CSS gets modified so that everything is done with classes but it wasn't honouring the selector I had set. This was actually a conflict with the "look and feel" settings that were in force from when I converted to EPUB. By getting rid of the "remove spacing between paragraphs" (and thus the applied indent) the conversion created the correct classes so that the first paragraph following a h2 did not have an indent although the remaining ones did.

I mention this in case anyone else hits a similar problem. Calibre was doing what I had asked - it's just that I hadn't realised it

I expect the same happens with "on the fly" conversions so beware that your carefully crafted css isn't being "adjusted" when you upload a KEPUB.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote