View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
bchaplin
Enthusiast
bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bchaplin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, K3 (Kindle Keyboard)
Kindle Keyboard Kaput

My 1 1/2 year old Kindle has suddenly developed a problem -- the upwards part of the controller doesn't work. If I press it, it acts as if I'm typing letters and creating a note, rather than paging up the screen like it is supposed to.

I called Amazon tech support, yadda, yadda, restarted, troubleshooting -- the short answer is that it is considered a hardware defect, and their only solution, since it is out of warranty, is that I buy a refurbished Kindle from them at a reduced price.

Is this the way to go? I'm not sure of the wisdom of getting a refurbished model. They are offering me Paperwhite models only.

Last edited by bchaplin; 05-11-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: clarity
bchaplin is offline   Reply With Quote