View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
ame67
ame67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
How are you coding your list??

This code produces no extra line between bullet items when converted ePub>MOBI with either Calibre 0.8.44 or KindleGen2 (via Previewer 2):

Code:
<p>Bullet (unordered list):</p>
<ul>
  <li>Item 1</li>
  <li>Item 2</li>
  <li>Item 3</li>
</ul>
<p>what does it look like?? </p>
If you are referring to the "extra" blank line before and after the whole list, that's default behavior in the Kindle readers and most browsers. If you want to remove those spaces you need to style the <ul> tag. With this in the CSS the block of list items is set tight to be paragraph before and after:

Code:
ul {
  margin-top: 0m;
  margin-bottom: 0m;
  }
(note: The display in Sigil does not respect this CSS although ADE (on Windows) and calibre's ePub>MOBI conversion engine do.)

Interestingly, even without the CSS, the Preview/KindleGen2 conversion resulted in 1em spaces before and after the <UL> block when viewed on the Fire (KF8 partition) but was set tight as if the CSS was present when viewed on a K3 (PRC/MOBI partition)
I was having the issue with the extra space before and after bullet lists and found that the top and bottom margin elements of the ul were no defined in my epub. When I set these the extra space was removed when I converted to mobi format in calibre.
Thanks for this
ame67 is offline   Reply With Quote