View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Just wife's decision of buying books and songs from Mr Jobs is driving me crazy.

Well, she re-download some old songs and was charged for same songs again. We're trying to find out why (with customer support)

Now, because I don't want to keep all the music and books on the Mac air, I setup a folder with Samba, on my Ubuntu headless server, and I changed iTunes folder's library to the Samba share.

Whatever she syncs via iTunes, like books, is being copied to the Samba share. Now, I would like to consolidate my own music on same Samba folder, but when importing or dropping on iTunes screen, I notice that the file itself is not being moved, is like a pointer. I am experimenting with an option I found which is called "consolidate" or something; I believe will copy the file itself to the Samba folder instead of showing on iTunes only as a pointer.

Wish she can buy books and songs from Amazon only, we'll be a happy family! hahahahahahaha....
Consolidate will copy the files to the library location (in your case Samba). You should consider enabling the "Copy files to iTunes Media Folder when adding to library" under Preferences/Advanced. This will copy files automatically to your library location when you add files. You won't have to use Consolidate again.

Tom
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote