View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Your WiFi will want to connect to Borders. I suppose you can alter the /.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file and also use the Kobo desktop app instead of Borders. There is a thread here started by someone who reset the .conf to go to wikiipedia, but it didn't persist. He speculated that the desktop app was resetting it. I have no idea if using the Kobo desktop application, rather than the Borders one would render that moot.

Is there some special deal going on at Walmart in the US that makes it worth doing this? Our local Walmart had them for $128 CAD over the holidays--not sure of the price now.

I have purchased things in the US that were not covered under the warranty in Canada. Others are. See this example for photographic equipment.You might want to check with Kobo for more information.

Our local Chapters-Indigo has been so great when folks have needed to return a Kobo that I would not buy one anyplace else.

Last edited by taming; 01-06-2011 at 08:55 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote