View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Everyone who asked for the book should now have it. The offer remains open as long as this thread is active.
Thanks neil, that's really generous of you, I've sent my request!

I think the biggest problem with the scenario afa proposes is that, if everyone in the world knew the end was nigh, basic services would pretty rapidly break down. If you didn't get out and get to the grocery store pretty quickly to buy your food, you would have to end up stealing it as there would be no one working at the store to accept your payment. There would be many other instances of that too - how would you get gas for your vehicle?

We'd all end up living in a very narrow, compared to today, little world the last couple of days.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote