View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #62
mattsches
mattsches began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012)
Running on K4?

Hi all,

I'm new to Kindle stuff, trying to use it for displaying the current power rating of my solar panels. Stumbled across the WebLaunch full screen browser (thanks Paul! and the rest of you guys for all the other invaluable work!) and thought that - along with a generated web page on my home server - this would perhaps be easier to use than the svg/png generation approach you can find on Matthew Petroff's web site.

(For those of you wondering: My "server" is a Beckhoff PLC running Windows CE - Python support might be available to some degree, but SVG-PNG conversion seems impossible to get.)

But before I dig further into the matter, do you gus see a chance to get WebLaunch running on a K4 NoTouch?

I successfully installed KUAL on mine, and WebLaunch shows up as application. But trying to start it makes KUAL crash. I saved KUALs log file and found the following messages:

Quote:
SQL error: no such table: handlerIds
SQL error: no such table: handlerIds
SQL error: no such table: properties
com.lab126.appmgrd failed to set value for property start (0x3 lipcErrNoSuchSource)
Just to give it a try, I also tried Hades77's modification of start.sh, but without success (no wonder, considering his modification was for PW2, not K4).

Any suggestions where I should start digging?

Thanks & regards,
mattsches
mattsches is offline   Reply With Quote