View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
ustou
ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ustou is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle PW4
Philosophy book club, anybody?

(DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if this is the right place to make this suggestion, if it indeed isn't, please forgive me and have the good will to redirect me to where it would be appropriate)

I absolutely love philosophy, whatever shape or size it may come in, and was wondering if like-minded individuals, active or lurking, would be interested in starting a book club for us to be able to read and discuss works, authors, ideas; best of all, get involved in some spicy debates on the way things are or the way things should be. What would be especially important to me would be that NO PRIOR PHILOSOPHICAL KNOWLEDGE BE REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all have brains, and so we can all discuss ideas, the whole point would be to have a strong diversity of perspectives. On top of that, philosophy can be quite an intimidating domain because of all the intellectualism and disdain involved, and it's always easier to tackle these sorts of challenges as a group.

Of course, this would all be up to those interested, but the format I initially envisioned would be similar to the other book clubs you find on the forum: book suggestions, a vote, and a read per month, or perhaps bimonthly, since philosophy can sometimes require a more minutious read.

Anybody interested?
ustou is offline   Reply With Quote