View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Although it was more of a proof of concept to begin with wasn't it? I mean I've tried to surf the web on the 1150 and sure it works, but when your hooked up to the computer with USB anyway...
Yes, I have to admit the whole internet experience on the EBW1150 is not very nice to behold. However, this concept was originally discovered and used on the REB1200 and on that reader it IS a worthwhile venture, that is, ethernet cable excepted!!! If I only had a wireless RJ45 plug to use with the REB1200's ethernet jack, it would be a truly liberating experience i.e. not attached to the computer's ethernet cable!

Quote:
Okay sure free dialup access if you use the modem, but your still paying LD, and as you say it crashes so often you couldn't even check email on it.
True, this really isn't usable on the EBW1150, but perhaps another reason to own a REB1200 as well!

Quote:
Let's get ETI working on an updated 1150 with a LCD more like the Jetbook but keep the backlight as an option!
Amen! Their e-ink prototype needs to see the light of day... sidelight that is!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote