View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #56
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk2 View Post

Also, If I directly transfer an ebook from my kindle device to Calibre, I can not open or convert the kfx file. Yet the same ebook can be downloaded from the amazon website as an AZW3 file, which I can open and convert. Am I dependent upon Amazon to continue to support this direct download method so that I can get an ebook into Calibre? Or is there another method?
There is the option to install an old version of Kindle for PC, which doesn't support the KFX format. I use the version 1.17. But those old versions can't be installed on the newest Mac OS. It's been said here that you can install them in a VM, though. (I don't have a Mac myself).

Basically that's it. Either register an eink Kindle and use the Amazon download method, or install an old Kindle for PC.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote